Where every person has a story.

Where every person has a story.

Where every person has a story.

John Breeden

John Breeden, Staff Reporter

John Breeden is a senior at HHS and has returned for his second year as a staff reporter. He enjoys writing sports stories and opinions. He runs cross country and ran outdoor track from his freshman through his junior year. Outside of school, he enjoys watching sports, working out and spending time with his family and friends. After he graduates, he wants to go to either JMU or VCU and major in sports broadcasting and sports journalism.

All content by John Breeden
The Redskins logo appears on a shirt.

Acquiring Alex Smith a mistake for struggling Redskins

John Breeden, Staff Reporter April 3, 2018

Finally the ongoing saga of the Washington Redskins and quarterback, Kirk Cousins, has come to an end. After being the first quarterback in NFL history to be franchise tagged two years in a row, Cousins...

Miller embraces Torres after Torres match.

Torres places second at state tournament

John Breeden, Staff Reporter February 20, 2018

Senior Guillermo Torres was able to battle his way to second place in the wrestling 5A state tournament on Feb 16 and 17. He won 6-4 in the round of 16, pounded his way through the quarterfinals in...

Conor McGregor is currently the UFC Lightweight champion.

UFC needs McGregor to fight

John Breeden, Staff Reporter February 2, 2018

After what seemed to be the biggest year in history of the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in 2016, it’s safe to say 2017 was a down year for sport. In 2016, the UFC was able to gain more publicity...

Vikings will make it to Super Bowl

Vikings will make it to Super Bowl

John Breeden, Staff Reporter January 20, 2018

The Minnesota Vikings pulled off a miracle this past Sunday against the New Orleans Saints, when quarterback Case Keenum connected with wide receiver Stefon Diggs on a pass, which lead to a Vikings 61-yard...

Advisory period is unnecessary

Advisory period is unnecessary

John Breeden, Staff Reporter November 24, 2017

This year, the school has once again changed the leadership period, now called advisory. Instead of having one 50 minute period once a month, they’ve now changed it to two 30 minute periods at the start...

The varsity team take a stride out before there race at Burtner.

Cross country competes in the Burtner Classic

John Breeden, Staff Reporter October 10, 2017

The cross country team travelled to Peak View Elementary School on Oct. 4, 2017, for the ninth annual Burtner Classic. It’s the first time the team has raced there this season, as they have just three...

It’s time for Romo to retire

John Breeden, Staff Reporter April 5, 2017

On Tuesday, April 4th the news broke that the Dallas Cowboys’ starting quarterback since 2006 and four time Pro Bowl selection, Tony Romo, is set to retire from the game of football. Romo, who signed...

NBA playoff predictions

John Breeden, Staff Reporter April 3, 2017

The NBA playoffs are right around the corner with about 10 games left in the regular season for each team. So far in the Eastern Conference, the number one East team, the Cleveland Cavaliers and the number...

NBA foul rules should be changed

John Breeden, Staff Reporter February 28, 2017

In the NBA, if player makes contact with another player, whether they’re shooting or dribbling, it’s called a foul. Usually for a foul, the player who was fouled gets two free throw shots...

Freshman Jakaya Brandon takes a free throw against Turner Ashby.

[Photo] TA steals win from girls varsity basketball

John Breeden, Staff Reporter February 2, 2017

Wizards could be 2017 NBA champions

John Breeden, Staff Reporter January 20, 2017

It’s been an up and down season for the Washington Wizards. Even though they lost 8 of their first 10 games to start the year, the Wizards have rallied back now at the halfway point of their season with...

Aaron Rodgers single-handedly beat the Cowboys

John Breeden, Staff Reporter January 18, 2017

The NFL Divisional playoff round didn’t disappoint this past Sunday, as the rookie sensation quarterback, Dak Prescott, and the Dallas Cowboys hosted the Super Bowl MVP, Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay...

The Dallas Cowboys logo

Dallas Cowboys will win the Super Bowl

John Breeden, Staff Reporter December 5, 2016

Following their 17-15 win over the Minnesota Vikings in week 13, the Dallas Cowboys continue to be the number one team in the NFL, with an almost flawless 11-1 record. Despite their week one loss to the...

Cubs fans are the best fans

Cubs fans are the best fans

John Breeden, Staff Reporter October 31, 2016

With the Chicago Cubs making it to the World Series for the first time in 71 years, Cubs fans finally have something good to talk about, when it comes to their baseball team. The Chicago Cubs have...

Kaepernick shows lack of respect

John Breeden, Staff Reporter September 14, 2016

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is getting a lot of heat from different athletes, NFL fans and many more for not standing for the national anthem. Fans have criticized him,= and even recorded...

Load More Stories
Activate Search
John Breeden