Nicholas+Zimmerman

Holly Bill

Nicholas Zimmerman

Q: Tell me about yourself, where are you from?

A: “I am originally from North Carolina. I moved to Virginia when I was four. I graduated from Page County High School. I still live in Page County. I went to Bridgewater College, go Eagles! I graduated in May and now, I am here.”

Q: Do you like Page County better than Harrisonburg?

A: “I think they both offer something very different. The atmosphere in Harrisonburg offers a lot of diversity, but a lot of my family was born in Page County and lives in Page County and I’ve grown up there, so they both have a different place in my heart.”

Q: Did you know you wanted to be a teacher when you went to college?

A: “As soon as I got to college, I knew. I knew at about tenth grade that I wanted to teach family consumer sciences.”

Q: Did you start teaching here at HHS, or did you teach somewhere else first?

A:  “This is my first teaching job, but I had student teaching and practicums at different places. My very first practicum that I had at Bridgewater College was actually with Mrs. Jackson at Thomas Harrison. So I’ve started with Harrisonburg and finished with Harrisonburg!”

Q: When you were in college, what are the other things you did for fun?

A: “In college, I was involved in choir, which I really enjoyed. I was very involved in our student club we had through our family and consumer sciences department, and even from the time I was little and through college, I’ve been very active in my church back home, so with Vacation Bible School and all of those kinds of things. I get dressed up in the costumes and all of that good stuff for the kids.”

Q: When you first came here, what was your first impression of HHS?

A: “My first impression was that this was going to be very different from my high school experience, for sure. But I felt like there was a huge opportunity to meet the students from a wide variety of backgrounds and to really get to know different cultures, and I think I’ve started a lot of that. But I really enjoy anyone that smiles at me, I’m smiling back and there’s been a lot of that here, so I’ve enjoyed it.”

Q: Do you think you’ll teach here for a long time?

A: “I don’t know. I think being here a month, two months, I’ve really enjoyed it so far. But what the future holds, I don’t know. I hope I’m here for a long time, but we’ll see what happens.”

Q: Not related to school or anything, but what are your hobbies? What do you like to do in your free time?

A: “Oh gosh. At home we have a 13 pound shih tzu named Lilly. She is spoiled rotten, and so I love to play with her. She loves belly rubs, and so we have a good time with that. Church is still very big for me, so that’s a huge out of school hobby. I love Facebook and Snapchat, and so when I’m at home, I’m on those a lot. Food, I love to cook. And just spending time with my family and friends. I’m so very fortunate that I have both sets of my grandparents alive and they live within 15 minutes of me. They’re not getting any younger, so I really enjoy spending time with them because they’re not going to be around forever.”

HHS Media • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in