Students catch up on sleep and homework during end of semester break

Vivian Neal, Staff Reporter

This past weekend became a mini-vacation for students as the semester ended and teachers prepared for the next half of the school year. For some students, instead of a vacation, it became a weekend to get a head start on next semester. Junior Tirza Turcios had her weekend filled.

“I had to catch up on a lot of work like writing my essay for English. I also reorganized my binders for next semester since I’m not going to be having the same classes,” Turcios said. “I’ll just see what will happen next semester.”

Turcios is not the only student who worked through the weekend. Senior Sarah Jennings left little time for rest on her mini-vacation.

“On Monday I came to school to have lunch with my editors for the yearbook and go over all the proofs that we got back to make grammar and design corrections,” Jennings said. “Saturday, I had a portfolio report due for JMU and the rest of the days I was working at Chick-Fil-A.”

In order to complete a last minute project, senior Tyler Sutton used his weekend to collect data and travel.

“I’m traveling to Front Royal and Broadway to collect fingerprints from my grandparents on both sides of the family. I’m collecting these fingerprints to complete my VJAS (Virginia Junior Academy of Science) project on heredity,” Sutton said.

With the second semester upon HHS, good luck to all students.