Second pep rally of the year moved indoors due to weather

The+JROTC+and+senior+class+cheers+for+the+pep+rally.+

Brian Alvarado

The JROTC and senior class cheers for the pep rally.

Alexia Munoz, Feature Editor

On Friday, April 22, the school had the third pep rally of the year that showcased the accomplishments of the spring sports teams. The thirty minute rally was originally planned to be held outside on the football field. Because of the weather conditions, the administration decided to use their back-up plan and have the students gather in the gym as usual.

Sophomore Carmen Cisneros was thrilled with the original plan to go outside because it would’ve been a new experience.

“I would’ve liked it to be outside for once, just to experience it since we always have it inside,” said Cisneros.

Freshman Katie Botticelli plays cymbals at the pep rallies and admits that, unlike most people, she’s glad that it wasn’t held outside.

“[I was excited about] playing through the halls and being part of the band,” Botticelli said. “I’m happy that it’s not outside. I’d be miserable and sticky.”

After the band opened the event, the spring sports were addressed including boys & girls tennis, JV and varsity baseball, girls and boys JV & varsity soccer, girls softball and outdoor track.

Theo Yoder

Although JROTC didn’t perform this time, freshman Nick Delves still enjoys watching them flip riffles on the gym floor. He suggests doing more games that involve teachers and students in future rallies.

“[We should have] an impromptu game like teachers vs. students,” Delves said. “[They could] have signup sheets so teachers and students can both sign up.”

Following the sports was the Red Sea wave throughout the bleachers. Afterwards, a student-led cheer began as each grade level had ten people take place of the cheerleaders. They had to build a pyramid and pump up their grade level to determine who was the loudest.

Both Delves and Cisneros agree that the winter pep rally was the best one so far because of the unity and production.

“I liked the second pep rally with JROTC when they were flipping rifles, that was really cool.” Delves said. “I liked the [second] one because they gave us our Red Sea shirts.” Cisneros said.

Cisneros believes that the school shows enough school spirit, as long as the student body is involved with the decisions.

“[We do show school spirit] because when the students choose their spirit week, they do it. When the teachers pick [the themes], no one does it.” Cisneros said.