Band students dress up as Disney characters

Tazhan Jaf

Andy King and Kennedy Walter dressed as Cinderella and Prince Charming for Tiny Tots performance.

Tazhan Jaf, Staff Reporter

HHS hosted the annual Tiny Tots show that allowed elementary school students to watch the band perform in the auditorium. HHS students welcomed the elementary students into the building dressed as famous Disney characters. Senior Allison McGranahan  dressed up as Ariel, from “The Little Mermaid.”

“I picked Ariel because red [hair] dye is fun. I’ve done this three times now and it’s  because the kids get so happy. We’re doing this little tiny thing that takes up only an hour of our day that makes their preschool life,” McGranahan said.

Many characters were present throughout the show, such as “Frozen” stars Anna and Elsa, played by seniors Ava Reynolds and Hollyn Slykhuis. Princess Jasmine and the Genie from “Aladdin” were played by seniors Ami Mehta and Noah Heie. Junior Kennedy Wolter played Cinderella with her Prince Charming by her side while welcoming the students into the school.

“We got to pick our roles, I picked Cinderella because my sister played her when she did it and I’m just carrying on the tradition,” Walton said.

Tiny Tots allows elementary school students to see their favorite Disney movie stars come to life for one afternoon, Senior Felicia Tran has been a part of tiny tots traditions for two years now playing the role of Mulan as she greets the children.

“My favorite part is seeing the reaction from the kids. It gives you a warm feeling knowing that you made them smile. Mr. Snow always says to us that most of these kids may never get the chance to go to Disney world and never get to see their favorite characters come to life. So it’s great to see how excited they get when they do see them in person,” Tran said.