Aida callbacks posted

Nyah Phengsitthy, Editor-in-Chief

After holding three auditions for this year’s upcoming musical, Aida,  the callbacks are in. The list of names for callbacks was posted the morning after each student completed their audition. A number of students who auditioned for this year’s musical have been called back for another look from the directors. The callbacks were held in the auditorium after school that day. Other students who have not been called back may still be cast in the play.

The director for the musical is drama teacher Stanley Swartz.

Students who were called back were required to see choral director Bethany Houff for additional music. Sophomore Julie Hedrick was one of the students who was given more music. Julie attended the audition on Tuesday, Nov. 17, and received a callback.

“I was not expecting a callback, so when the list was posted, I was very surprised,” Hedrick said.

Students who were given music needed to learn the piece right away. “My personal vocal coach was not available this week to help me with my music, so [learning the music] that was hard,” Julie Hedrick said.

Many students who have auditioned for this year’s musical have had some experience in the acting or musical world.

“I have been in the one act since my sophomore year, and I’m in it this year too. I also started doing musicals my sophomore year as well. Before that, I didn’t have much experience,” sophomore Ben Hollenbeck said.

Hollenbeck was also one of the students who was on the list for callbacks.

“I’m pretty excited that I was called back. It was a little bit of stretch to learn the two songs they gave us in less than a week, but I felt like it was going to pay off,” Hollenbeck said.

The cast for the musical will be listed on Wednesday, Nov. 25, 2015.