Red Sea freshmen enjoy participation

The+Red+Sea+gets+their+hands+up+in+support+of+the+team.+

Hannah Miller

The Red Sea gets their hands up in support of the team.

Hannah Miller, Editor-in-Chief

Every home varsity football game, a section of the bleachers is used specifically for the Red Sea. It’s a place where students from all grades can sport their red t-shirts and cheer for the HHS football team.

The school particularly tries to get freshmen involved, offering Red Sea t-shirts and free food at a pre-game tailgate.

Freshman Nick Gladd heard about the Red Sea from his friend.

“I wanted to participate in being a freshman, and wanted to try some new stuff at the high school,” Gladd said.

He saw the tailgate as an opportunity to have fun with friends and get the high school experience. However, Gladd’s favorite part was not as much the tailgate as it was actually going to the game.

“I didn’t know how many people were gonna be there, and there were definitely a lot. I didn’t know how, like, crazy it was gonna be, but when they won the game everyone went crazy. So it was definitely really fun.”

Nick wasn’t the only freshman who enjoyed their first experience in the Red Sea. Freshman Aiden Kearney will remember his first experience.

“Hanging out with friends and getting to know more people made the Red Sea a memorable experience for me,” Kearney said.

Kearney thinks of the Red Sea as a way to bring the school’s energy together.

“I think the purpose of the Red Sea is to get more people at the school to come together and have a good time,” Kearney said.

In Gladd’s opinion, the Red Sea is there to support the team.

“It gets the football players hyped up, even though they’re on the field and we’re just in the stands,” Gladd said.

Kearney also thinks it’s important for students to come out and support the team throughout all of high school.  

“This is our first year at the high school, and if students do it when they’re a freshman, they might want to keep doing it when they’re a junior or senior also,” Gladd said.

Gladd had no way to describe it in full sentences. “Crazy, awesome, fun and red,”

Hoping the Red Sea will grow, Kearney has agreed to try and get more friends to come out.

“People should go to the Red Sea as a freshman to be exposed to it now and bring more people the next time,” Kearney said.

The Red Sea will continue at every home football game this season.