Apple raises consumer questions with iPhone 6

The+new+iPhone+is+sleeker+and+thinner%2C+and+more+like+that+of+the+Galaxy+phones.+

Wikimedia Commons

The new iPhone is sleeker and thinner, and more like that of the Galaxy phones.

Randee Rose Joven, Staff Reporter

There are certainly many things to be thrilled about this fall but what’s most is Apple’s ever so famous iPhone – or rather, iPhones – the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. On Tuesday, September 9th Apple’s press conference presents the amazingly quicker, lighter (4.55 oz/ 6.07 oz) and thinner (6.9 mm/ 7.1 mm) devices.

“I love the fact that they are bigger and better,” Junior Diana Portillo said. They now have much larger displays, faster LTE wireless, and the A8 chip. It is said that more photos are taken on the iPhone camera than any other, and these new products give you a newer 8mp iSight camera with Focus Pixels. These iconic smartphones are expected sell out in the blink of an eye, and will surely be the source of steady profit for the company.

Of course, the question that will be asked numerous times is: How much do they cost? The iPhone 6 with a 4.7-inch display will begin at the price of $199 (16GB)  while the 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Plus will start at $299 (16GB). The new iPhones will be released on Friday, September 19th. The newest and most intriguing smartphones yet are now larger and improved.

Maurizio Antonnicola, a Fashion Marketing and Personal Finance teacher, comments on how Apple is a good company but maintains that “people shouldn’t get too excited every time something new comes out.”

“They should not go out and buy it without hearing about the problems,” Antonnicola said. “Sometimes it’s good to wait a while before you buy a new product, so they work out all the problems.”

Apple has also mentioned that they will release an additional product in early 2015. The Apple Watch has many exciting features too. Apple Watch allows you to communicate with others; send messages, make calls etc. but what is unique about this device is that you feel it. Basically, when you are notified or you do something on the watch, it taps you on your wrist. Also, the communication is not just ordinary. You can inform other wearers of the Apple Watch with just a tap or a quick illustration with just the movement of your fingertips. There’s more – you can even share with them your own heartbeat.

Antonnicola thinks the watch is a cool idea and might consider having the that instead of the phone.

“I’d want to see it and let other people tell me about it first,” Antonnicola said. “I don’t want to be the first to buy it. I’d want to hear whether it’s worth the money.”

Despite the new features, other people have different opinions about the watch.

“I think the Apple Watch is similar to the Galaxy Gear, but that it has more to it and it’s newer,” Portillo said.

Meanwhile, Freshman Kiele Nix also believes that it is similar to Samsung’s product. “Apple is just ten years late to the party,” Nix said.

It is mind blowing how technology can advance and be more creative each year that passes by. Although, in the future Apple will indeed surprise their customers more with their exceptional and one-of-a-kind creations.