Ball Brothers are successful

Lene Andrawas, Staff Reporter

If you want to become successful at any sport, you have to be willing to put the effort  and commitment into every practice and game. You don’t become successful without any practice, it takes time to become better until you become noticed like the Ball family. They’ve worked hard every day to get where they are now.

Lonzo Ball who is playing at UCLA, ranked second nationally in assists per game and starts for the number two ranked team UCLA Bruins, has been super successful and has his brothers following in his footsteps. Liangelo Ball, is a senior at Chino Hills High School in California. He is also the youngest of the brothers and Lamelo Ball is a sophomore at Chino Hills High School, and like his brothers, plays basketball. Both Liangelo and Lamelo are committed at UCLA and they want to follow in their older brother’s footsteps. Their father Lavar Ball believes his sons will change the game of basketball. Liangelo scored a season high of 72 points in just one game and Lamelo scored a season high of 92 points in a game, making all three of these brothers super successful. All three of them have played/ are playing at Chino Hills who were a very successful team this season. Their record was undefeated 20-0.

On Christmas day, their dad Lavar Ball had them working out.

“When they take a break we take another step ahead in front of them and that allows us to be undefeated,” Lavar Ball said.

They’ve worked hard everyday to get where they are now.

When Lonzo played at Chino Hills, he wore jersey number 2 and he played in 35 games, averaging 23 points, 11 assists and 11 rebounds per game. He also averaged 5 steals a game and one block a game. He surpassed the 1,000 points and got a total of 1,236 career points. Lamelo wore jersey number 1 and has played in 33 games and averages 26.7 points per game and one assist per game and altogether he has 882 points. He’s on his way to get that 1,000 points. Liangelo who wears jersey number 3 has played 30 games averaging 33 points per game, he averages one assist and one rebound per game. Passing the 1,000 career points he also has 1,013.

Lonzo Ball is now a freshmen at UCLA.  He has played in 35 games and averages 14 points per game. He averages 6 total rebounds adding 7 assists per game and also shoots at a 56% and from the 3 point range he shoots at a 67%.

The Ball brothers are super successful and when they play together they’re unstoppable. With one Ball brother playing at UCLA, the other two are committed and following in Lonzo’s footsteps.

Works Cited

“LaMelo Ball’s High School Timeline.” MaxPreps.com. Web. 04 Apr. 2017.